What causes a consulate or embassy to refuse to issue you a Schengen visa? Every time they prepare to apply for a visa of this kind, many people ask themselves this issue. Every time a visa application, whether for a Schengen or another type of visa, is denied, there is in reality, an unsatisfactory factor involved.
If the consular officer cannot obtain all the necessary information about him or her from the applicant, the visa application may be deemed unsuccessful. Without this information, the consular officer cannot determine if the applicant is eligible for a visa. In each of the situations mentioned above, the officer is persuaded to refuse to grant the petitioner a visa and will consequentially be unable to get Schengen travel insurance.
1. The previous or ongoing criminal activity
The applicant’s conduct and historical circumstances have a significant role in the consular officer’s decision to grant a Schengen visa and travel insurance for a Schengen visa. In such circumstances, the applicant’s application may be rejected if it is determined that they pose a threat to the public wealth, internal security, or public policy of the Schengen Area.
2. False travel documentation
All individuals (applicants) who seek to provide false travel documents to the embassy or consulate, trying to falsify their identity, using a fake identity, have the same fate: an absolute denial of their visa application and other negative outcomes that follow.
3. Insufficient justification for the reasons and situations behind the scheduled stay
Lack of the required documentation to support your intended journey and stay is another reason the consular office may reject your application for a Schengen visa and travel insurance for a Schengen visa. These are the instances:
- Failing to provide employment and professional qualifications that are compatible with the financial condition being portrayed
- Inability to produce proof of travel and/or stay in the Schengen area through required documentation
- Not applying for a visa term in accordance with the stated trip plan, vacation right, or financial circumstances
4. Validity of passport
The consular official may reject your visa application for a different reason, such as if you provide a passport that is unacceptable to the Embassy or Consulate. These cases fall under the following categories:
- Presenting a passport with less than three (3) months of validity remaining following the return from a trip to the Schengen Area
- Presenting a passport without two blank visa pages in different places
- Presenting a valid passport instead of a travel document booklet
- Presenting a passport that is still valid but more than ten (10) years old
5. Failure to provide proof of the itinerary
Failure to provide a valid itinerary for your travels within the Schengen Area is another factor in the rejection of a Schengen travel insurance. These instances include:
- Applying at the incorrect Schengen Area Embassy (not being able to determine the main destination of your visit in the Schengen Area)
- Being unable to demonstrate that you have a reservation for housing for each destination and each night you intend to spend in the Schengen Area
- Not being able to offer each candidate with a booked aeroplane ticket (when a group of travellers)
What is usually covered by Schengen travel health insurance?
It is important to know what is covered by travel insurance in the Schengen area.
- Accident or illness requiring medical attention while in the Schengen area
- Emergency departure
- Return of remains
- A minor trip was cancelled and returned
- Trip cancellation
- Accidental death, disability, or injury benefit
- Funeral expenditures abroad
- Loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings, luggage, or travel documentation
- A delayed bag (and emergency replacement of essential items)
One can now easily buy travel insurance online after evaluating their needs.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.