There has been a constant increase in the number of Indian as well as international students who are planning to pursue MBBS in Russia, Ukraine, the Philippines, and other foreign countries Among these countries, Ukraine is one of the most sought destinations by Indian students for medical education. They receive millions of applications every year.
However, studying in Ukraine has always been a cost-effective choice for international students. Ukraine is usually considered the number one destination for every aspirant who wants to pursue a bright career in medical education. Ukraine has many top medical universities providing high-quality education with a reasonable fee structure.
Taras Shevchenko National Medical is one of the leading medical universities in Ukraine, in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It is the heart of Europe and it is one of the oldest cities in the world. Established in 1834, the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, also known as KNU is the third oldest university in Ukraine and has a rich history of culture and education. This university is known for its progressive thinking and advanced learning.
The Taras National University of Kyiv consists of a total number of 13 faculties, 8 institutes, 2 colleges, and one research center.
Number of Courses Offered at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- General Medicine
MBBS Course Duration:
The duration of an MBBS course at Taras Shevchenko National University is 5.8 years.
- The first 3 years of the course are dedicated to the pre-clinical course.
- The next following year covers the practicals along with the 1 year of mandatory internship.
- The course consists of both practical as well as theoretical studies of general medicine.
One good thing about studying MBBS in Ukraine is that students don’t have to appear or qualify for any entrance exam like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Candidates must be 17 years old or above on or before the 31st of October of the respective year of admission.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks secured in the 12th exam with Physics, chemistry and biology are core subjects.
- Must be NEET qualified.
The admission process has become very easy and simple.
- Fill the application form.
- Send your scanned documents through an online portal to the University.
- You will receive the confirmation letter through their online portal from the university.
- Then the immigration procedure starts and you will get an invitation letter.
- Next, you have to visit the Embassy of Ukraine in Delhi along with all your documents and invitation letters.
- You can apply for the student VISA there.
Documents Required during admission process:
Candidates have to make sure that all the documents mentioned below are ready to proceed for admission.
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th
- Birth certificate translated in English and notarised.
- Invitation letter from the university.
- Valid Passport
- NMC eligibility certificate
- Passport-size photographs
Medium of Teaching at the University:
This university lets international students choose the medium of teaching from the options they have. They teach the MBBS course in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages.
And for Indian students, the course is particularly designed in the English language for a better understanding of the subjects.
Recognitions and Accreditations:
The Taras Shevchenko National University is recognized and accredited by:
- World Health Organization
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- National Medical Commission
Benefits of studying MBBS at Taras Shevchenko National University
- The entire MBBS course is taught in the English language.
- Hostel accommodation is provided for international as well as native students.
- The admission/enrollment fee is much economical when compared to private medical universities in India.
- About 30,000+ students pursue higher medical education at the Taras National University of Kyiv.
- The syllabus is constantly revised and new programs are introduced to train highly qualified specialists.
- Practical experience is given utmost importance.
- The Taras National University partners with over 400 partner universities from around the world.
In the last decade, Ukraine has witnessed remarkable growth and development in the education sector, especially in the medical field. Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS in Ukraine can apply for educational aids like loans and scholarships from the government and pursue medical education from top medical universities in Ukraine. Consult the leading overseas education consultants and clear all your queries..!